Just heard there was a pretty bad wreck on 23 near Powell Valley. Going toward Norton, I think not sure about, both lanes were blocked. Supposed to bringing in a couple of helicopters.
Just heard there was a pretty bad wreck on 23 near Powell Valley. Going toward Norton, I think not sure about, both lanes were blocked. Supposed to bringing in a couple of helicopters.
I just came from Kingsport and got off the High School exit. About where you get to the curve closer to Norton there are blue lights. The North bound lane isn't blocked though and trafic is still moving South bound. I only saw one police car so hopefully it isn't that serious.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
I think it was at about 10-10:30 or so when I first heard it. Both North and South bound lanes were closed, initially at least.
VDOT has an incident report up...says it was near mile marker 35.8 near the bottom of Powell Mountain.
http://www.511virginia.org/
i was stuck in traffic there for a little over an hour, heard something about a head on collision, seen both cars were completely demolished in the front end pretty much, the ambulances leaving the scene didn't have their lights on (im sure that's a bad sign) and I also seen medflight come in and leave, looked VERY serious..like said both lanes of traffic were stopped, and traffic was backed up over a mile or so persay...i was at the gravel turn around right after you get on the on-ramp heading towards norton, and i could see traffic all the way back as far as i could see
Most of the northbound traffic just turned around and took an alternate route, so that lane wasn't backed up (just a few cars waiting for the lanes to be cleared when they opened them back up just after 11:30).
Southbound was backed a good distance up mountain when they cleared the lanes.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I just hope that everyone involved is going to be ok.
Bookmarks